The world doesn’t need another app.
Says people who should know better.

Mobile App Development

Demand for apps continues to climb.

Yes, there are many apps out there—1.5 million in Apple’s App Store, and even more for the Android platform. So if you’re thinking about adding to the pile, you should do so with sober deliberation. But hang on. The naysayers shouldn’t be so eager to say “nay” all the time. Your app can be hugely popular. First of all, your app is probably not aimed at the whole world. We tend to think about Uber or some other globe-spanning digital tool because apps like that get all the attention. But smaller groups than “the world” also need apps and when those apps are good, and when they drive business, demand is high.

Apps are way more popular than mobile websites.

Mobile apps now account for 87% of the time people spend on mobile digital media, leaving a mere 13% for mobile websites that people view through a browser. Clearly, when people find an app they like (and that is useful to them), they’re glad to have it.

500 “awesomes” is better than a million “whatevs.”

We made an app for the American Board of Anesthesiologists that not only made certain procedures more efficient—it actually transformed the outdated certification and continuing education processes of the profession. Sure, we’re bragging, a little. If you were an anesthesiologist, though, you’d probably forgive us—so pretend you’re an anesthesiologist. Or a truck tire inspector! Because we made an app for our client Snider Fleet Solutions that helps their tire techs analyze all 18 tires on one of those big rigs. The app automatically generates an actionable report that makes Snider’s service better and more reliable. The point is, well-made apps that answer specific needs continue to demonstrate the power of digital technology to change the way we work. Of course, the “well-made” part is crucial.

If people are too lazy to finish the word “application,” what does that tell us?

They like simplicity. They like ease of use. To be fair, the problem isn’t really that people are lazy—they’re just busy. We’re amazed (but grateful!) that you’re still reading this paragraph, four sentences in. But the point, which we are finally getting to, is that app functionality and interface must be simple and intuitive. We often spend as much time making wireframes for apps as for websites. (A wireframe is sort of a skeleton or basic framework.) It’s less screen real estate to work with but that makes it even more important to keep it simple. Which we do.

We’ve built apps for all kinds of companies. Is it your turn?

Let’s find out. Talk to one of our developers (ours speak English as well as Java.) and let us solve a problem.